Sunday, November 27, 2011

Milestones: Four Months


E is getting her shots tomorrow, so I'm posting this a day early. I want to be there to snuggle her and comfort her in her time of need...

I can't believe how much of a difference one month has made. If I thought Evey had personality these last few months, it's grown as much as she has during this past month! She's so funny - her laugh absolutely cracks me up, so when she's laughing at me, I'm laughing back at her. It's a vicious cycle, I suppose, but it's one I've grown to love!

She's so interactive now, and while she still likes time to play on her own, she loves playing with her Papa and me more than anything. I say she's at the "interactive pet rock" stage.

She's fallen in love with the camera (some would say it's about time)! Every time I  pull it out, whether it's my cell phone, camcorder or my Nikon D3000, she just stares and stares. Sometimes I even get a pose! It's so funny watching her react to it! Today when I was taking her 4 month photos, she was shaking with excitement as she stared into the lens.

Her favorite song, now, is The Beatles, I Wanna Hold Your Hand. She grips my thumb and forefinger with both hands when I sing it to her and I find it ironic that she doesn't do that with every other song. It's as if she understands the words in her own little world. I've "adapted" the lyrics to be a bit more appropriate for a mom to sing to her daughter, "and when I hug you, I feel happy inside"...

She makes so many different noises now. She's been cooing for several months, but now she gurgles and blows raspberries. It's so adorable when she mimics Christopher and I with her sounds! She has conversations with us and responds with ooh's and aah's when we ask her questions.


Her favorite toy is her "ferris wheel" which I have so named because I can't think of anything better to call it. It has a black & white striped handle and four toys on a spinner and it looks like a ferris wheel. She loves spinning it and making it rattle or flash.

She sat up all on her own for the first time - granted, it was only around 20 seconds, but we all start somewhere! Her little, chunky legs are so strong and she can already stand up from a sitting position as long as there's something to hold onto. If she's assisted, she can sit up forever. She has no trouble at all with the Bumbo or Bebe Pod anymore. She can stand assisted for over five minutes at a time.

She still loves her baths and still sleeps through the night. She has herself on a schedule with naps and bedtimes, and knows when it's time for Mom to get home from work. She still loves daycare and she cries a lot less than she used to. She's definitely growing up and never ceases to amaze me with the things she already knows!













No comments:

Post a Comment