Sunday, November 13, 2011

I Love You!

Evey is the most intuitive baby I've ever seen. Perhaps, I'm only seeing this quality in her because she's mine. I'd be willing to say that all babies have great intuition towards their parents, but as Evey's our first child, that's only speculation. She can sense when one of us is upset and it makes her upset too. If she's been crying for a long time and one of us starts to get frustrated because we can't soothe her, it makes her cry harder. The best part of her intuition is that if we're happy and smiling - (for the most part) so is she. It's amazing how she feels what we feel and vice versa.

She is definitely in love with Christopher and I and we love the way she lights up when she sees or hears one of us. I swear she knows what "I love you" means.

Sometimes I'll say, "Evey, do you want to know a secret?" She scrunches her eyebrows up and I'll tell her I love her. Immediately she smiles and squirms in response. It's like she's saying "I know, mom... that's not a secret!" or "I love you too!" It's adorable.

Yesterday, Christopher was getting her carrier out of the car and he told her he loved her and she smiled and giggled. That's when we realized she knows what it means, because I turned around and said, "I love you more" and she smiled and giggled even harder.


Knowing that she loves and trusts us more than anyone in the world is the best feeling ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment