Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Apples, Airplanes and Astrodroids

Evey had her biggest day out last Saturday... and at the end of the day, she was totally zonked!

We spent the morning snuggling, which is my new favorite hobby since my little snuggle-bug was born. I love how she smiles in her sleep and the way she leans into me trusting completely that I won't let her go. It's the best feeling in the world.

We had planned a day at Reed Valley Orchard with Evey's Aunt Renee and Harrison, so we met them mid-morning and carpooled out to Paris.

Oh my goodness... she looked so, so, so cute in her purple corduroy!

As soon as we arrived, both babies started fussing - as usual, so we laid out a blanket and sat under a pear tree and nursed. Christopher had a good time snapping photos and picking pears. Eventually, he got bored but with two nursing babies - he didn't have much say in how quickly we moved!






Packing all the bundles!

When we were finally done nursing, we were able to move from the pear rows to the apple rows. We found some gorgeous Mutsu, York and Winesap apples to bring home and made our way (with an overflowing radio flyer in tote) back up to the shop to pay. Renee isn't able to eat dairy, so we all got cider slushies and sat out on the porch in old rockers to enjoy our snack!





The main reason I planned the trip to begin with was for pictures. We haven't had any family photos taken since we were in the hospital - with me in my fancy-schmancy PJ's, so we had Renee take some pictures of us. It's so great to have some nice pictures of our family and I can't wait to frame them!


After several hours at the orchard, we were heading home and I called Christopher's mom to see what she was doing. She was on her way to the Cynthiana Airport, where Christopher's dad has his hangars to spend the evening with him. Since Paris and Cynthiana are so close, we decided to head out as well. It was such a beautiful day and we were enjoying our family time - and Nana had made chili - so we were in!


After we ate, Christopher and Flash got the Piper Cherokee out we went for a sunset flight. Nana played with Evey (who was so happy for once!) while we went flying. It was gorgeous! Gordon flew us out to Reed Valley and we got a bird's eye view of the orchard. It looked so much smaller from the sky!

Watching Mommy & Papa taxi out to the runway.

Finally, we decided we needed to get our girl home. She was starting to fuss and it was a bath night, so we called it a day. After Evey's bath, while she was eating, I noticed that she looked flushed. I couldn't figure it out and then I realized... I'd completely forgotten sunscreen and we'd spent the entire day in the sun. Yep - my daughter isn't even two months old and I managed to get her sunburnt. Way to go, Mom! I felt terrible. We researched how to treat it online, and the first thing it says is to call your pediatrician if the child is under 1 year. I couldn't believe it - we'd just been back to the pediatrician on Friday for her sinus infection and we had her two month check up scheduled for the next Thursday. I just couldn't keep her away from Commonwealth Peds. We called the after-hours line and talked to a nurse who told us just to use cold compresses every couple of hours. Aloe might chill her which could make her sick. She said the burn should go away in a day or two. She was right... Monday morning, you couldn't even see it anymore. At least she healed from that quickly! Let's just say, I won't be forgetting the SPF one million any time soon!

Evey with her sunburn on her left cheek. From where she'd been in the Moby all day - that side was the most exposed. Even with the burn, she looks darn adorable in her blackberry sleeper! The hat has a rattle in it, so every time she moved it made noise. I think it freaked her out! Lol.
We finished the night off by starting a Star Wars marathon... we just bought it on Blu-Ray and Christopher was so stoked to watch it. I know kids aren't supposed to watch TV until they're 2 years old, but Evey was chilling with her Papa and she was glued to the light saber fight. I figured she could use some visual stimulation - and I can't prevent my little girl getting on the right path! She's our little padawan! She was completely exhausted, however, and fell asleep rather quickly. Snuggling will do that to a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment