Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

As we welcomed in 2012 last night, I was thinking about a resolution for the new year and for the first time, I couldn't think of something I wanted to change about myself. 2011 has made me the woman I have always dreamt of being.

I have the most amazing husband in the world, my daughter loves me more than anything. Honestly, I couldn't be happier. Christopher has taught me so many invaluable characteristics over the years and now that I'm a mom, I have easily and often applied them. My daughter has already taught me so much about patience and I have never loved more than I do now. I love Christopher more than ever because he brought me what I love most in the world.

Being a mom has also brought me closer to my mom. I have so much more appreciation for all that she has given me and the lessons she has taught me and I am proud to call her my friend. I see so much of her in myself when I am taking care of Evey and if I am half the mom she was, I know Evey will be in good hands.

With all that being said, I take great pride in caring for my husband and child. I have made both of them my priority with my new part-time job and am looking forward to a lot more quality time with them in 2012.



We spent our last night of 2011 celebrating with great friends of ours, Tom & Amber Lyons and since I turn into a pumpkin after 9pm these days, I was curious if I'd even be able to make it to midnight. My daughter, who is so intuitive, sensed the energy and excitement in the air and decided she was not going to sleep. So, both of us made it the extra few hours and my first new years kisses went to the two loves of my life: Evey and Christopher! 


Ready to watch the ball drop!




Trying to get mommy's New Year's bubbly!
One of my favorite New Year's kisses!


Evey finally fell asleep on the drive home around 12:45am, almost five hours after her bedtime! When we got home and I pulled her out of her carrier, she was solid gone. I gave her one last feeding and put her down for the morning. She slept until 9am, but has napped for most of the day! The three of us have spent our first day of 2012 together, watching Grimm, snuggling and playing. Evey and I took a nap on the couch and now she's playing in her jumparoo while I blog and Christopher plays video games. I must say that this is the best way to spend the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment