Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas with Mimi & Mipa!

On Christmas Day, after celebrating at our house, we went down to my parent's house for brunch. We had a relaxing day with my family and Evey did amazing again.

Waiting to eat with her Papa.

My cousin's son, Clayton is almost two and he wanted so badly to hold Evey. He looked at her and said "baby?" over and over! He was so shy around her at first, but was so proud once he held her in his lap!


Jordan - this is my favorite!! We so wished you were there. Your son is absolutely adorable and in love with my daughter!!
I can't wait for you to see them together!




Jordan - this next set is for you too! Eric and Christopher are such big kids and Clayton had a blast playing with both of them! It was too cute!




My dad had surgery to repair his torn meniscus on the 20th, so he was drugged and tired!



Clayton had a blast opening presents, and he helped Evey open hers. 




We loved getting the small animal sculptures from Afghanistan! I especially loved the even smaller animapls sculpted inside them... they were pregnant!! Thanks, Jordan!!


Celebrating Evey's first Christmas, made my mom reminisce about my first Christmas. When she was shopping, she looked for things that I got in 1984 so that she could give the same gifts to Evey on her first Christmas. One of those gifts were the classic Fisher Price stacking rings - and Evey LOVED them! She played forever with the same toy! She loved getting them hooked on her limbs and chewing on the different colours.

Once everyone had left and it was just my mom, dad and sister, we flipped through my baby book and there are pictures of me on Christmas Day with rings linked through every limb! It was so much fun looking back!


Clayton wanted to hold Evey again... I can't say that I blame him!







The phone was a Christmas present from Jordan, Kacy & Clayton, and the ipod came from Nana & Flash.
Someone was spoiled this Christmas!


This set is to re-create the pictures of me!



Showing Mimi her gift!


Every year, our family plays a game called Pass the Ace. It's so simple... only one card is dealt and the lowest card pays. One dollar buys you four lives, and once you're out we sing "Na na na na, good bye!" Whoever wins, gets all marbles! We've played it every Christmas as far back as I remember.

This year, we paid a dollar for Evey to play and "she" made it to the last round with our close family firend, Paul Morton. The last hand, E was dealt an 8, so she traded with Paul. He gave her a Queen, and we thought she was set to win. When Paul turned up the card on the top of the deck, I thought I was going to die when I saw the red "K" show up! It may have been the closest last hand of Pass the Ace ever!!

Just FYI: Paul gave the money ($19.00) to Evey!


Evey's four lives!







Evey was able to see her Great-Aunt Ruth when she stopped by to pick up Eric!



Once things had calmed down, we sat down and opened the rest of Evey's presents from her Mimi, Mipa and Auntie Ali!




My mom's nick name for Evey is her little "Sweet Pea," and all of her gifts were themed around that! This is one of the cutest books I've ever seen, but mom kept the copy at her house! We were surprised to find a second copy to take home!



One of her best gifts, she wont' be able to play with - although she enjoyed playing the tin like a drum!
Her Auntie Ali, always the frugal one, gave her a savings account and $20.00 to go in it! Evey's Great-Granddottie also gives her money to put into a savings account, I just hadn't had time to set one up yet, so this was perfect!

She'll be set when she turns 18, whether she wants to spend it on college, a car, or keep saving for a wedding!


I love this face! She was such a happy girl!





Paul had to go back to South Carolina, so Evey had to say bye again!
We'll see him again soon, hopefully!



No comments:

Post a Comment