Sunday, October 30, 2011

Milestones: Three Months

Evey's first 3-6 month outfit... the pants were a little big (aka: she completely wiggled
out of them when she napped) but she still looked adorable!







Wow! I can't believe how quickly three months has passed.

My little girl gets to be more not-so-little every day. She learning so many new things and she changes every day. I love seeing other people's reactions to her. Most say she looks like her Papa, but those who knew me as a baby say she looks just like me. Some days I'll swear she is Christopher's clone. I tell him it's a good thing I went through the pregnancy otherwise no one would believe she's really mine. But sometimes she makes these faces and it's so evident that she's my daughter.

We compared her baby pictures to ours and that girl has an amazing mix of both of us.

She's so independent and that makes me both happy and sad. She loves to play on her playmat and loves to chill on her own. She grabs the links and bats at the toys like a pro!

She still loves Secondand Serenade more than any other music. Her favorite of their songs is still "Fall for You" and if I sing the chorous more than three times, it can calm her down from any tantrum. She knows their CD so well that if I turn it on, she's happy after two bars.

She found her hands and feet and they're her favorite things to watch. She loves when I pull her feet to her nose and mouth. She smiles so much and has giggled a few times.

She's starting to teethe already. I researched online and she was exhibiting every symptom except restless sleep and that little white bump keeps swelling and going down, swelling and going back down. We had a few days where I cried as much as she did because I couldn't console the pain. I thought seeing her get her shots was hard, but it's nothing compared to teething. At least the pain from the shots only lasted a few minutes.

The good news is that she's still a mommy's girl, and I'm not complaining! She loves her Papa, but Mommy has the "magic bottles" and she knows what that means! She recognizes faces more and more and she loves to see her Mimi. Mimi & Auntie Ali picked her up from daycare one morning for a playdate and the staff was shocked at how much Evey recognized her already. She still loves daycare and hasn't gotten sick from the other kids yet (knock on wood).

She's been to three states: Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee and she travels really well. She slept almost the entire 6 hour drive home from Gatlinburg, which includes around two hours of stand-still traffic trying to get onto I-40.

She's still congested and hates when I use the snot-sucker and the Little Noses saline drops. She loves the hum of her humidifier, almost as much as she loves her tunes.

She still sleeps through the night and loves to be woken up in the morning. If we're there when she starts to stir, it starts the day off great! If she wakes up on her own and gets to the point where she cries a little, she's much crankier during the day.

She squirms in her sleep. I lay her down so she stretches from side to side in her crib and in the morning she's rotated 90* so she lays from end to end. She loves her monkey crib toy. It changes from blue to orange lights and has a swinging "hypnosis" monkey hanging from a vine. I spent $4 on it at Once Upon a Child and it was the best $4 I've ever spent.

She still loves her baths and we took her swimming and she loves that too!

She's spoiled, rotten... but there's nothing wrong with that. She knows what she wants and she understands so much. She already does the opposite of what I say (which I still think is funny... for now).












No comments:

Post a Comment