Sunday, June 3, 2012

Milestones: Ten Months

At ten months old, Evey is fully mobile. She cruises around the furniture faster than I can blink. She crawls everywhere (and actually crawls on her hands and knees!) and has started being adventurous enough to leave my eyesight!  I think I'm more tired now than I was when she was newborn and not sleeping through the night!


Even though chasing her highness all over the house and not having much time to do anything else, the 8-10 month period has been my favorite time so far! She is learning so fast now! She can wave bye-bye and give high-fives. She gives hugs and kisses. She sings and dances, pulls up to stand, crawls, giggles and belly-laughs. She has so much personality (which you can definitely see in her 10 month pictures!) and I love finding out what traits she gets from who. Her name definitely fits... she's my Life's Work every day and I couldn't be happier!



She seems to be growing so much. The other day I picked her up after work and I swear she had grown since that morning when I'd dropped her off! She went through a massive growth spurt that lasted almost a week. She barely played, just ate and ate and slept and slept. Just as I was starting to worry something was wrong, she snapped out of it and was back to her normal, playful self!

She has four teeth! Her two bottom teeth are so sweet, and I love how they're angled in. They're definitely well used and she loves to brush them! The top two are still tiny, but they're her lateral incisors which means she has fangs! It's too funny!!


She still has no hair. I'm not worried! I love my little, bald baby! When we're outside, though, I have to make sure she's sunscreened to the nines and is wearing a hat because skin is so fair and the sun LOVES her! I've gotten pretty good at remembering the sunscreen since Easter and am happy to report that we've been sunburnless since then!

I have to make sure I keep the storm door locked because she loves to stand and look out the window. She bangs on the glass and shakes the strong-arm with all her might and it is the cutest thing. Christopher loves coming home from work to see her little face poking out throught the glass!



 




Her favorite toys are her music walker. She sings and dances as she pushes her toy all over the house. She loves her tractor (especially the chicken and cow sounds and the engine starting up) and her Pooh top although she doesn't stay entertained by one object for very long.

If she has a dirty diaper or if she's getting tired, she loves to play with things she knows she's not supposed to play with! Cords and computers become so fun and pulling movies off of the shelf is the best game ever! It makes it easy to know when something isn't right and keeps my baby happy!

She had her first real "big-girl" bath, in the bathtub, without towels or a baby tub. She loved it. She had so much fun splashing around and actually got to play with her tug boat! It was adorable to watch and when she was done, she pulled right up to stand like she was saying, "Okay, Mommy! Dry me off!"

My favorite of her achievements this month is that she can put herself to sleep! She's started connecting with certain stuffed animals. We travel everywhere with Llama Llama and she sleeps with Violet every night. I can put her in her bed after she nurses and she'll snuggle up to Vi and fall asleep. She's taken to sleeping either on her side like her Papa, or on her tummy like me (although I can't stick my bum in the air the way she does!).

I still can't believe how grown up Evey is. I can't figure out how time got put in fast-forward the moment she was born, but I'm so happy that I have the ablity to track the way she grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment