Thursday, December 15, 2011

Playtime!



I have to admit that,while having Evey as a newborn was so amazing, it's just getting better with time. I loved the constant snuggling and the sounds she made as she slept in my arms when she was fresh out of the oven. Now that she's older, she's still snuggly, but she's so much more playful. We have officially graduated from the "pet rock" stage to an "interactive pet rock" and I love it!

She loves talking to herself in the mirror and it's so cute knowing that she doesn't recognize that it's her she's talking to. Apparently, that won't start happening until she hits the terrible two's!

She's so independent now and likes to spend time in her bouncy chair and on her playmat. It amazes me how strong and coordinated she is. One afternoon (before I got home from work... darn) she picked her rattle up and accidentally hit it against one of the links hanging from her mat. Christopher said she figured out where the new sound came from quickly and then began deliberately hitting the link with the rattle, over and over, in order to recreate it. According to thebump.com and other books I've read, she is way above the bar on the hand-eye coordination front... hey, I'm a new mom! I have to brag on how awesome my little girl is!

No comments:

Post a Comment