Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our "Little" Girl

We had our 34 week check-up today and we have good-ish, bad news.

For the past few weeks, I've kept telling Christopher that I feel like my tummy is way, way too small for someone who is 8 months pregnant. Finally, Dr. Ashmun confirmed my suspicions and apparently I'm not gaining enough weight and my uterus was measuring a little bit small.

At our last appointment, I had lost another pound and a half and I'm still way under the 189lbs that I weighed at our first "official" prenatal visit on December 18th.

This isn't necessarily something for us to worry about because my daughter, who LOVES the bottom right quadrant of my tummy, was a bit caddy-wompus (as Dr. Ashmun called it) and was semi-difficult to measure. The "good-ish" part of the bad news is that we get to see our girl again! Since Evey measured small - around 5lbs - we're scheduled for another ultrasound at our next appointment.

Other than that, everything looks fantastic and Dr. Ashmun thinks we're on our way to a perfectly healthy delivery! She says we're right on track. Evey's heart beat was around 140bpm, which is strong, and she's still dancing all over my belly!

I can't wait to post new pictures of our daughter in a couple of weeks!! STAY TUNED...

No comments:

Post a Comment