Monday, May 23, 2011

Evey's Day Out!

On May 21, Christopher and I were invited to join his colleagues at Churchill Downs for the Preakness. It was the end of the year staff party for Louisville Collegiate School - all expenses paid - at Millionnaires Row 6!

I have never been to the races before and had no idea what to expect. All I knew was that last Thursday, Christopher brought home one ticket, $20 in Churchill Downs dollars and a $10 bill for betting. His RSVP was messed up, so they were going to get my ticket the next day. Friday afternoon, he came home with another whole packet (including the money) and we were ready to go!

Saturday morning we jumped in the car and made the trip to Louisville for our big day. When we arrived and found our way to Millionnaire's Row, we sat down with Christopher's friends and enjoyed prime rib with black eyed pea and caviar salad. They had aged gouda, brie, and blue cheeses and brownies with strawberries that were to die for! Talk about a pregnant woman's dream... ALL YOU CAN EAT for free! I loved it!

Christopher picked our first horses to bet on when the race started and we won! It was so exciting to have a reason to cheer on a specific horse - even if we lost! Christopher enjoyed the free alcoholic beverages and I just stuck to water, but we got to bring home the glasses, so I can enjoy them after Evey's born!

Overall, we would've left with $20.25 (whoo hoo!) if I wasn't so clumsy!! I had our bet in my mouth while I was shuffling everything and the wind took it away. The bad thing was - that was our second biggest winning ticket at $4.60. Oh well... It's a good thing I've got pregnancy brain to blame it on!


We've got a winning ticket!

Picking up our first winnings!


Christopher with his Mint Julep.

Evey definitely enjoyed the races!! She was boucing all over my belly!


I was good at calling the turf races - Topher was better at the dirt track!
We left before the Preakness and drove to Covington to spend the evening with Jason, Naomi and Lucy! It was definitely a big day, but it was one of the best dates Christopher and I have had since we found out about Evey seven months ago!

1 comment: