Sunday, December 19, 2010

Seven Weeks Today!



Well, sorry for taking so long to let you hear from me, so I’m here to tell you about our last visit to the doctor. So, we went to the doctor for a follow up visit to our scare we had last week and could actually see our little cookie for the first time. Sorry for the cliché, but it was beautiful. We were able to see the head, butt and the yolk sac again, but the best part was seeing and hearing the heartbeat. Its heart was beating at a rate of 118 bpm, which according to my mom means it’s a boy… but I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. But we found out that our cookie is between the size of a grain of rice and a peanut. And they determined that we were six weeks, five days along so at this point we are exactly seven weeks. I looked back and determined that we actually conceived on Halloween. How cool is that? Our doctor estimated our due date at August 2, but she did say not to set our calendar by it because we probably will not actually have the baby that day, I’m hoping for two days early… But any way, that’s where we’re at, it’s all a bit overwhelming, but I wouldn’t trade this for anything. We’ll continue to keep you updated as things progress.




We’re such proud parents and I’ve attached our most current baby picture! You can see the head (the little circle to the right) and the heart (a small white spot right in the center of the picture). The long part to the left of the head is the baby’s body and we decided it looks like Eve from the movie “Wall-E”… if you look at it sideways! Feel free to comment if you have trouble finding any of its parts. It’s a little hard to explain over the internet, but I’ve done my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment