Wednesday, December 1, 2010

a prayer for my child...

Jesus, I want to take the time again to thank You for Your impeccable timing. We cannot see what lies ahead of us, but You know where we're going to end up before we even start walking! Your faithfulness to fulfill Your promises astounds me, and in my darkest hour, when Your presence holds me close, I am ever grateful for your grace and mercy.

Thank You for trusting Christopher and myself with a child that even now You are molding to reflect Your image. I cannot wait to see the beauty that will resonate from its heart, soul and mind.

I also want to thank You for all the negatives we've gotten over the past years. Thank you for retrieving us from the dark places as we waited on your timing. All the effort and tears that have gone into those months have been washed away and I know that THIS child has been destined to be ours since the beginning.

I pray for Your protection over our child. I ask that You keep it safe inside me, so that it can grow and develop. The first few months of a pregnancy are terrifying for an expecting mother, and as I'm only a few weeks in, I pray that You keep my body and my mind strong. Help me not to worry, but to trust that even though this child is growing inside of me, You are holding it in your hands every step of the way.

Thank you for the privilege of bearing a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment