Sunday, August 5, 2012

Party Pooped!


July 27th, 2011, Christopher and I made our final preparations for bringing a child into the world. We were nervous and excited about the day to follow, imagining, but not really knowing what the day would bring.

One year later, we were doing something very similar. We were busy making the final preparations to celebrate our daughter's birth for the second time. We had cherished every moment spent with the amazing little miracle that had changed our lives one year prior.

My mom, dad and sister met Christopher and I at the Solid Roc Cafe where we were holding her party and from 2 - 7:30 the night before Evey's birthday, we were working very hard decorating the cafe to make her first birthday so special.

Maybe I went over the top a little. Her decorations were mostly hand made with hours and hours of love. People probably thought I was totally insane. I had several people say that it didn't matter what I did because she wouldn't remember it. But it did matter to me. I wanted her celebration to be just as meaningful as she is to me.

Will she remember it? No. Will I? Yes. Every day. For the rest of my life. I will cherish those moments watching her eat her birthday cake and her big smile as we sang "Happy Birthday". Was it worth the crazy amount of man-hours that we logged? Absolutely. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

So, as we prepared for the first of many to come, Evey played. And slept. And played some more. She was so sweet and had a lot of fun running amongst the madness!








No comments:

Post a Comment