Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Best-Last Weekend Alone... Ever!

My plan for this weekend has not been effective. I'm having a TON of nesting urges, but I've had so little energy after work that I basically crash on the couch as soon as I get home and nothing on my to-do list actually gets accomplished. We've been planning on getting our carpets shampooed for a month and just haven't gotten it done. So last night, Christopher and I went out to replace our Swiffer vacuum that broke and came home with a SteamVac. At least our mainly trafficked areas will be clean before we bring home a baby who will be needing tummy time from the day she comes home.

So, today was supposed to be a day of shampooing carpets and re-arranging our kitchen cabinets, but Christopher had a revelation when he woke up. Today was Once Upon A Child's grab-bag sale (something we've been hoping to attend for several weeks but didn't know if we'd be able to or not). They give you a grocery bag as you go through the door and anything that is going out of season is on "clearance" and you can stuff as much as possible into the bag for $20.00.

We met Christopher's sister, Renee, at the store when they opened and stuffed two bags full for my daughter and nephew. It's always so much fun to see how much you can actually fit into those little bags and Christopher is a master-packer and can get so much to fit. He LOVES it - shopping is never this fun!

After shopping, and then waiting in line for an hour, we finally got up to the register. The employees finally got through taking all of the security tags off of our items and totalling everything up, between Renee and I, our total came to $416.00, but we only had to pay $40!!

We went over to Christopher's parents' house to split everything up and actually see what we got. We had a good time making plans for the babies that should be born within the next week. It's amazing to think that this time next week our entire world will revolve around two precious babies! I absolutely cannot wait!

After we left Cathy & Gordon's, we ran down to Nicholasville to see my parents. My mom, like me, had been doing some shopping for Evey this morning and she was so excited to show us what she bought, and vice versa. We ate lunch with my family and had chocolate-chip-strawberry-shortcake-waffles for dessert. They were delicious!

This heat wave has been killer with my little furnace running full blast. I walk outside and I can barely breathe and it's just too hot to even think about putting clothes on.

So Christopher and I decided to hit the pool this afternoon. My doctor hasn't said that I couldn't swim (granted, I forgot to ask) so we thought we could get at least one day at the pool in before our little bundle arrives.

Our family friend, Sandra, opened her pool to a very uncomfortable pregnant woman and her husband so I wouldn't have to suffer the heat as much. It was one of the best days I've had in a while, and the pool offered a ton of relief to my expanding hips and ever-growing belly.

Not only did she open her home to us, but she had a present for Evey waiting when we got there, and I have to say that it's one of the CUTEST outfits we have for her, which is definitley saying somthing! Her daughter (who I babysat for eons ago) works at the Disney Store and they found a little Minnie Mouse onesie with a matching hat and slippers. It is so cute I had to post a picture of it! I love the little ruffles on the legs and the hat has mouse ears! It just makes me smile!! Thanks again, Sandra & Jaclyn (for everything)!



I was definitely tired after such a big morning, but when Christopher and I got home early that evening, we were able to relax and actually get some work done.

We took the tags off of all the clothes we got today (including the 5 brand new items totalling $60.86 that we got in the sale) and totaled them up. We came home with $320 out of the $416 total and after divying up the clothes, we only spent $30.00 on all of it! All in all, we got a 90% discount on everything we brought home!

I would have to say we made out like bandits!! Check it out:



So, as I said earlier, it's been a rather unprocuctive weekend, but for our last days as just a married couple, it has been relaxing and very, very enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment