Thursday, July 5, 2012

These Legs Are Made For...

When my mom and dad left for Kenya, I was hoping and praying that Evey would start walking before they returned.

A month was an awfully long time to leave their quickly growing girl!

Days turned into weeks, and their return was getting closer and closer, but Evey hadn't even decided she was ready to stand yet! I was very excited to see my parents, but I was a little sad that eve wouldn't be walking to greet them at the airport.


Finally, the countdown was on! Weeks turned into days, and days turned into hours! With just over 24 hours to go, she stood up. We didn't place her on the ground, she went from sitting to standing all on her own! I was elated! We grabbed the video camera and started filming, ASAP! We didn't want to miss her moment!

Unfortunately, these videos can't caputre the moment completely... she doesn't actually stand in the first two (that's what was going on around this time!), but they're super cute anyway!




Evey has been so good at cruising and her legs are so strong. I had been saying that once she stood, she'd be running... and I was right! Only 20 minutes after she discovered the confidence to stand alone, she was wakling back and forth from her Papa to her Auntie Ali and to me! She didn't waste any time.

It was amazing to watch her. She knew exactly what to do, and she was so proud of herself! We cheered and clapped and she clapped right along with us! At 11 months, 4 days, my daughter is completely mobile and independent. I was one proud momma!

Also, this first video doesn't show her walking so well, and the second one might make you a little sick at times when we're trying to get the best angle. Lol. None of us ever claimed to be professionals!




 

The next afternoon, we ate lunch with Nana and Flash, but Little Miss Mind-Of-Her-Own did not feel like showing off her new trick. We went home and napped, hoping that she'd feel more up to it by the time we reached the airport, but no such luck.

My little girl can definitely think for herself, and I just can't figure out where she gets her stubborness from! It definitely doesn't come from me, <wink, wink>! 


It was still exciting to have my parents come home to the news of our girl's big achievement!


No comments:

Post a Comment