Sunday, January 9, 2011

So... We're adopting some girls!

They say that being pregnant makes you have weird dreams. Well, I'm here to tell you that they aren't kidding. Friday night, I took my computer to bed with me and worked on importing some audio books onto my iTunes. While I was still working on my computer, Jenni rolls over and looks up at me, eyes wide and surprisingly clear for her having been asleep for a couple of hours. She mumbled something and when I asked what she had said, she told me to fill in the empty boxes. Not knowing what she was talking about, I asked her what she was referring to and she told me to make sure I filled in the lists so that we could get the girls tomorrow. In my wanting to know where this was going I told her that I would be sure to do it. After that, she asked if that made sense and that she wanted to make sure the paperwork was finished in order to finalize the adoption. I told her not to worry, that I was finishing it up. After that she rolled back over and fell back asleep... assuming she wasn't already.

Last night was much the same situation. Around 12:30 Jenni began to stir next to me and talk in her sleep. What she said was really, quite funny, it went a bit like this:

"Mumble mumble mumble, mumble mumble. Mumble mumble, mumble mumble mumble mumble."

She then rolled over and once again looked up at me with the same wide, clear eyes as the night before and said quite frankly:

"I turned on the self back return."

I asked her what she was talking about, but the only response was a stare that wasn't blank, but was a combination of "I love you" and yet "you annoy me" at the same time. After about a minute of that stare, she threw off the covers. I asked her if she was hot.
She replied, "I have to go pee...." and then in a somewhat distressed tone, "But I don't remember how."

She then got up and preceded to the bathroom. After a few moments, she returned, this time quite lucid. When she got back in bed, she must have seen my face because she asked if she had said anything to me. I recounted the incident from a few moments before. She then began rolling with laughter saying that she did not recall any of it, that she came to while she was walking to the bathroom.

My wife has on occasion (very seldom actually) woken in the middle of the night and said things to me, but it usually involves much screaming and giant spiders coming down from the ceiling. This was two nights in a row. I guess this is one more thing I get to look forward to over the next several months. At least they're comical, or have been thus far. I'll be sure to keep you updated on any other funny dreams my wife has... just don't tell her I told you.

No comments:

Post a Comment